Imagine a helpful coworker who lives inside your Microsoft 365 and gives you personalized suggestions to let you improve your workflow. This is exactly what Microsoft 365 Copilot does. You can use Microsoft 365 Copilot in Windows to get assistance with various Microsoft-related operations. From analyzing to automating tasks, Copilot assists with everything you want.
In this article, we will find out how you can use Microsoft 365 Copilot in Windows and much more. So, stick around and keep reading.
What is Microsoft 365 Copilot?
Microsoft 365 Copilot is an AI tool that acts as your assistant in improving your workflow in Microsoft 365. You can use this innovative tool with various apps such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Large language models (LLMs) are used by Microsoft 365 Copilot to help you increase your productivity and efficiency in the Microsoft environment.
Microsoft 365 Copilot helps writers and editors write, edit, and sum up content in real-time. As well as analyzing data, it also provides recommendations and suggestions for a more personalized experience.
- AI-Powered Productivity: Among the AI-powered features of Windows 11 are the Snipping Tool, voice access, smart recommendations in File Explorer and the Start menu, and creative tools like Clipchamp, Paint, and Photos. You can use these tools while writing and designing with Copilot virtually anywhere on your device, enhancing your productivity and creativity.
- Task Assistance: Windows’ Copilot feature helps you remain focused on tasks. From updating your PC’s settings to arranging your windows with Snap Assist, Copilot saves you time and increases your efficiency.
- Integrated Experience: Microsoft Copilot for Microsoft 365 offers productivity by integrating with popular Microsoft 365 applications like Word and PowerPoint.
- Security and Privacy: Ensures comprehensive security and privacy to keep your important data secure.
- Personalized Suggestions: Improves suggestions based on your preferences.
Prerequisites for Microsoft Copilot for Windows
Before you can access Copilot, you must meet these requirements:
- Deployed applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Microsoft Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint, Exchange.
- Microsoft 365 Copilot Subscription: Monthly subscription of $30 for selected enterprise users on the Microsoft 365 E3, E5, Business Standard, and Business Premium plan.
How to Get Microsoft Copilot?
If you are looking for an answer to “How do I get Microsoft Copilot on Windows? Or How do I install Copilot in Microsoft 365? We have created detailed step-by-step instructions. After you have met the pre-requisites listed above, follow these quick steps to install Microsoft 365 Copilot in Windows:
- Open the ‘Settings’ app on your Windows 11 PC.
- Check for updates. If the Windows 11 2023 Update is pending to install, proceed with its download and installation.
- Windows 11 Copilot will appear in the Taskbar after completing the update.
How to Enable Microsoft Copilot in Windows?
Here are some easy steps you need to follow to enable Microsoft 365 Copilot in Windows.
- Open the ‘Settings’ app on your Windows 11 computer.
- Go to the ‘Personalization’ section located on the left sidebar.
- Scroll down a bit and click on ‘Taskbar’.
- Press the toggle switch beside it to turn on the Copilot function.
Please note that Copilot in Windows is being rolled out gradually within the latest update to Windows 11 in select global markets. If you can’t find it on your Taskbar, you might need to update your Windows 11 version. You can check for updates by going to ‘Settings’ > ‘Update & Security’ > ‘Windows Update’.
After you have enabled Microsoft 365 Copilot in Windows, you can start by discovering its fantastic features. This tool will provide you with many personalized suggestions based on your needs and help you deal better with your heavy workflow.
How to Use Microsoft 365 Copilot in Windows?
On Windows, Copilot is available as a web app as well as a select number of Microsoft 365 apps. Here are easy-to-follow steps to seamlessly use Microsoft 365 Copilot in Windows.
- Find the Copilot icon on your Windows 11 taskbar. It’s usually located at the bottom of your screen.
- Click on the Copilot icon to open it. Alternatively, you can use the shortcut Win + C for quick access.
- Type in your query or command in the Copilot chat box. This could be anything from asking a question, changing a setting, summarizing a query, or launching a relevant app.
Copilot will respond to your query or execute the command, providing you with the information or action you requested. If you want Copilot to stay open while you work on other tasks, you can dock it in a side pane. This way, Copilot will be there to assist you no matter what you’re doing—whether it’s getting inspired, planning, communicating, or creating.
How to Use Copilot Inside Microsoft 365 Apps?
Here are steps to seamlessly use Microsoft 365 Copilot in Windows.
- Open any Microsoft 365 office app such as Excel or Word.
- Now, locate and click the “File” menu at the top-right corner.
- Choose “Options” from the dropdown menu.
- Go to the “Advanced” tab in the windows.
- Scroll down until you locate the “Editor Options” section.
- Click on the box next to “Enable Microsoft 365 Copilot.”
- Finally, select “OK” to save changes and start using the Microsoft 365 Copilot.
As per your prompts, the Microsoft 365 Copilot will generate suggestions for you. You can select from these suggestions and improve them according to your requirements. You can also provide your feedback on the Copilot’s suggestions. This will help the Copilot improve its suggestions to tailor them to your needs.
How Can Apps4Rent Help You with Copilot for Microsoft 365?
If you are looking to deploy Copilot for Microsoft 365 in your workflows, Apps4Rent is here to assist you. As an authorized Microsoft 365 partner, App4Rent provides seamless use and integration of Copilot with other Windows applications. With our 24/7 assistance, you can get our help anytime through chat, call, or email. We make Copilot configuration easy and secure, guiding you through the process. So, trust Apps4Rent for reliable support and expert assistance with your Microsoft 365 Copilot experience.
FAQs Related to Microsoft Copilot in Windows
- When will Microsoft Copilot in Windows be available?
- What can I use Copilot in Windows for?
- Is Copilot in Windows available on my Windows 10 PC?
- What does “in preview” mean for Copilot for Windows?
- Does Copilot have a desktop app?
- Does Copilot have a mobile app?
Copilot for Windows 11 is gradually rolling out in select markets. Devices with the previous Windows 11 version can be updated to use Copilot. Once activated, its icon appears on the taskbar. You can also try Copilot on the web.
In Windows, Copilot does more than just text-based tasks: it handles images, accepts voice input, and performs actions like switching to dark mode, enabling do not disturb, taking screenshots, summarizing websites, writing stories, or creating pictures.
Copilot in Windows is available in preview on selected Windows 10 devices. You can learn more about Copilot in Windows 10 and the system requirements for Copilot in Windows 10 on their official website.
“In preview” means that Copilot in Windows is being introduced with limited capabilities in selected global markets. During this phase, we are continually enhancing the Copilot experience before making it widely available on Windows 11 devices in eligible markets.
Yes, Copilot now has a desktop app that you can use seamlessly with a PC and MAC.
Yes, Microsoft Copilot also has a mobile app. You can download the Copilot on both Android and iOS devices.