In today’s digital age, uninterrupted access and availability of data have become essential for smooth operations and business continuity. With businesses increasingly relying on Microsoft 365 for collaboration and productivity, the importance of safeguarding critical data hosted on this platform has never been greater. Recognizing this need, Veeam, the leading provider of backup and recovery solutions, has announced that it will be integrating its Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 with the newly launched Microsoft 365 Backup, leveraging its backup APIs to offer customers and partners enhanced data protection, recovery, ransomware protection, and business continuity capabilities. In this article, we will explain how this integration can help users in safeguarding their data from cyberattacks and ensuring data integrity.
Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365: Empowering Your Office 365 Data Protection
With Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365, users can seamlessly back up Office 365 data to any location, meet compliance requirements, gain full control over their data recovery with ease and enjoy various other advantages including:
- Safeguards Exchange, SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business, and Microsoft Teams data with the lowest recovery point objectives (RPOs) available.
- Allows users to deploy Veeam on-premises, in Azure, or AWS Marketplace, and store their data in popular cloud object storage solutions like AWS S3 and Azure Blob.
- Enables users to locate specific items they need to recover or export with powerful searches across their entire Office 365 environment.
- Allows users to monitor Office 365 backup and storage resources, receive timely alerts, and leverage comprehensive reports to ensure they meet their RPOs.
- Allows users to protect both hybrid Office 365 and on-premises Exchange and SharePoint environments with Veeam’s hybrid support capabilities.
Apps4Rent Can Help You Safeguard Your Digital Workplace with Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365
With work on the integration between Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 and Microsoft 365 Backup via their backup APIs is underway, it is expected to be generally available within 90 days of the Microsoft 365 Backup service launch. This integration will deliver a powerful and comprehensive data protection solution, fostering confidence in data security and resilience against threats, and allowing businesses to focus on their core objectives.
As a Veeam and Microsoft Solutions Partner, Apps4Rent can provide licenses for various Microsoft products and can help you in the integration process, ensuring that Veeam and Microsoft technologies are seamlessly deployed within your existing infrastructure. Contact our Microsoft-certified cloud experts, available 24/7/365 via phone, chat, and email for assistance.