How to Migrate from Web.com Email to Office 365?
Web.com is a web technology company offering a wide range of services, starting from domain name registration and web development to online marketing services. With over 3 million customers and over 9 million websites, Web.com website building solutions are used by people and businesses ranging from hustlers to established small and medium enterprises.
Being a prominent domain name registration provider, many users opt for the business email service provided by Web.com. However, as businesses grow, they need capabilities beyond the standard features, such as Calendars and Task applications. In this article, we will focus on migrating from Web.com to Office 365/ Microsoft 365 productivity suite for improved scalability.
What Are the Advantages of Migrating Web.com Email to Office 365?
Switching to a Microsoft 356/ Office 365 subscription from a Web.com Business Email package has several advantages.
- Users get 1TB space for storage, as compared to 25GB with the Web.com Business Email package.
- Advanced features, such as email archiving, are built into the service, without having to rely on external services.
- In addition to email, users can take advantage of the Office suite comprising Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other services, that are important for modern businesses.
- As a Microsoft managed service, users are protected by service level agreements guaranteeing best-in-class availability and support.
- Office 365/ Microsoft 365 services are protected with Microsoft 365 Defender, which is designed to offer protection even against advanced malware and ransomware attacks.
How To Export Web.com Business Email to Office 365/ Microsoft 365?
Web.com business email uses IMAP servers for email services. Follow the steps below to perform IMAP migration from Web.com Business Email to Office 365/ Microsoft 365.
- Assign Office 365/ Microsoft 365 licenses to users that need to be migrated from Web.com Business Email.
- Gather details such as the server IP, MX, and DNS records, which will be available in Web.com’s web-based administrative control panel. Ensure that the domain registered with Web.com is verified in the domain registry system before proceeding with Office 365 migration.
- If there are several users, create a CSV with email addresses, usernames, and passwords to be used for migrating to Office 365.
- Connect Office 365/ Microsoft 365 servers with Web.com IMAP server by creating an endpoint in the Exchange admin center.
- If there are several emails, create batches, and initiate the migration.
- Once the emails have been moved from Web.com Business Email to Office 365/ Microsoft 365 mailboxes, change the DNS settings and update the MX records to route emails directly to the Exchange Online mailboxes.
- After ensuring that the emails are routing successfully, delete the batches, and stop synchronizing Web.com and Exchange Online email servers to complete the IMAP migration.
Apps4Rent Can Help with Web.com Business Email to Office 365 Migration
While an IMAP migration is the most efficient method for migrating from Web.com to Office 365, the process involved in setting it could be challenging for most users. Users with a few mailboxes can instead move the contents in the Web.com Business Email to Office 365/ Microsoft 365 mailboxes using PST files in Outlook. However, this is a slow and cumbersome method of migration.
As a Tier 1 Microsoft CSP, Apps4Rent can help businesses migrate from Web.com Business Email to Office 365/ Microsoft 365 without any fuss. Contact our email migration advisors, available 24/7 via phone, chat, and email for assistance.