How to Migrate from Bluehost to Office 365?
Businesses often host their websites and email server with the same service provider. This is a convenient arrangement and is often more affordable than using separate services. Apart from domain hosting, businesses also purchase office suite plans from their hosting service providers that are often included with their subscription. However, they might want to decouple the domain hosting services from their email services at a later stage. In this article, let us explore how to migrate from Bluehost to Office 365/ Microsoft 365.
What Are the Steps to Migrate from Bluehost to Office 365?
Bluehost offers IMAP enabled mailboxes that can be migrated with the native method available in the Exchange admin center for Office 365/ Microsoft 365 subscriptions.
- Once you have purchased Office 365/ Microsoft 365 subscription, assign licenses to users.
- Assuming that you will continue to use your custom domain with Bluehost, you will have to verify it in your domain registry system.
- Export the list of usernames, passwords, and email addresses to a CSV file, and initiate the migration from the Exchange admin center.
- Change the MX records to point to Office 365/ Microsoft 365 mailboxes.
- Test the mail flow by sending a new email to the newly created accounts.
- Delete the Bluehost mailboxes once all the contents have been moved.
Why Migrate from Bluehost to Office 365 Using Tools?
The IMAP migration technique provided by Microsoft can only be used for migrating users’ inbox and other mail folders. Additionally, only 500,000 items, each of which can be up to 35 MB, can be migrated using the IMAP method. These limitations can be overcome using migration tools. Here are some of the advantages of performing the Bluehost to Office 365 migration using tools.
- They can maintain data integrity while supporting the migration of calendar items, contacts, and tasks, which is not possible with the native method.
- Most tools offer a simple user interface to initiate and monitor the migration process.
- Built-in dashboards can help track progress in real-time.
- The migration process itself could become faster and more efficient.
Apps4Rent Can Help with Bluehost to Office 365 Migration
While tools can simplify the Bluehost to Office 365/ Microsoft 365 migration, businesses tend to require further assistance with setup and auxiliary services. This could involve anything ranging from mapping folder names to customizing Office 365/ Microsoft 365 applications for unique business requirements. As a Tier 1 Microsoft CSP, Apps4Rent can migrate email accounts from Bluehost to Office 365 and customize the productivity solution to cater to your needs. Our Office 365 migration experts are available 24/7 via phone, chat, and email for assistance. Contact us today for Office 365 plans and migration inquiries.
Get FREE migration from
Bluehost to Office 365