For any hit release, it’s far more vital to have a perfect project management tool like Microsoft Planner. When this tool combines with AI, inclusive of Microsoft Copilot, it turns into a handy for managing any task. Combining Copilot with Planner makes the CI/CD process more efficient and quicker.
In this post, we will dive into ways to manage tasks efficiently with Copilot in Planner. We also had a look at the important features of Copilot in Planner for venture control, along with how to combine them into your CI/CD technique.
What Is Microsoft Copilot in Planner?
Microsoft Copilot is an AI tool that works like your personal assistant and helps you complete your daily tasks. It speeds up the development process by generating creative ideas, automating repetitive coding tasks, and suggesting possible solutions. Containing some exciting features and integrations into the Microsoft 365 suite, Copilot is changing how developers work!
Copilot in Planner enables you to suggest entire functions or even complete a block of code in your preferred guidelines and styles. This AI tool continuously updates itself by learning from your coding style and delivering more accurate and personalized suggestions over time.
Features of Microsoft Copilot in Planner
Let’s review some key features offered by the Copilot in Planner.
- Automated Task Allocation: Copilot in Planner optimizes project management by automatically assigning work based on skills, priorities, and availability. Consider a marketing campaign project as an example. The Copilot will assign content creation tasks to copywriters, design tasks to designers, and social media operations to experts.
- Risk Assessments: Copilot in Planner can evaluate possible risks, acquire mitigation measures, and track current issues in the project. Copilot in Planner supports proactive project risk management by continuously tracking project progress and detecting possible issues. By providing mitigation plans and suggestions, project managers may take proactive activities more efficiently.
- Resource Optimization: Copilot in Planner assists users in managing resource allocation by analyzing workloads and making adjustments, which promises equitable task distribution and, eventually, leads to improved productivity.
- Enhanced Collaboration: Microsoft Copilot integrates seamlessly with Teams and other Microsoft 365 services, allowing team members to communicate and cooperate more effectively. It can share essential papers, arrange meetings, and even propose points of discussion to keep team members engaged.
Integrating Copilot AI in Microsoft Planner
According to the Microsoft official blog, they announced that Copilot in Planner will enable the use of natural language to create plans, tasks, and goals or answer questions on progress, priorities, and workload. The expected availability date for this feature is spring 2024.
To integrate Microsoft Copilot with your 365 tools,
Step 1: Buy a reliable plan for Microsoft Copilot AI. Have a look at this page for Copilot for Microsoft 365 plan.
Step 2: Open a Microsoft 365 app such as Word or Excel.
Step 3: Click the “File” menu at the top-left corner of the screen.
Step 4: Select “Options” from the drop-down menu. And a window will appear.
Step 5: Now navigate to the “Advanced” tab.
Step 6: Scroll down until you find the “Editor Options” section.
Step 7: Tick the box next to “Enable Copilot.”
Step 8: Click “OK” to save your changes and activate Copilot.
This is the common process for integrating Microsoft Copilot into any Microsoft 365 tool.
Using Microsoft Planner Effectively for a Team
Microsoft Planner is one of the leading team management tools. Let’s see how you can use it effectively:
- Make a Plan: Making a plan and adding tasks is the first step. You can assign tasks to team members individually, set up due dates, and categorize them.
- Collaborate with the Team: You can share your plan with your team and collaborate with them in real time through Microsoft Planner. Your team will be able to get in touch with each other about the project and make updates.
- Use the Board View: The Board View in Microsoft Planner allows you to visualize tasks and project status. You can make changes to tasks and status by just dragging and dropping.
- Set Reminders: Microsoft Planner contains reminders that help you complete tasks on time. You can easily set reminders for important tasks, making the task more focused.
- Use the Charts View: Microsoft Planner allows you to visualize your project status using attractive charts. It works like a progress bar, indicating the current status of the project. This feature is useful in team meetings.
Microsoft Copilot enhances productivity and efficiency. It uses advanced machine learning algorithms to understand what’s going on and make appropriate recommendations, making development easier. Combining it with Planner significantly improves the entire project workflow.