Businesses and enterprises rely on analytical tools to gain insights about their projects to manage tasks and workflows effectively. Microsoft Power BI has been one of the most popular and widely used analytical tools in guiding businesses by providing in-depth insights. Microsoft 365 usage analytics within Power BI assists in gaining knowledge on how businesses are utilizing the various Microsoft 365 services. It enables you to visualize and analyze Microsoft 365 usage data, create custom reports, and share insights within your organization. It also helps to gain insights into how specific regions or departments are using Microsoft 365. In this article, we will focus on how to customize reports in Microsoft 365 Usage Analytics.
What Are the Advantages of Microsoft 365 Usage Analytics?
- Combines service usage data with user metadata available in your organization’s Azure Active Directory, to provide rich analytical capability to measure adoption trends.
- It helps to identify where users need help getting started and the communication and collaboration products users prefer.
- Microsoft 365 Usage Analytics can also be integrated with Microsoft Teams to directly share reports and valuable insights.
- Provides access to a pre-built dashboard that provides a cross-product view of the last 12 months and contains several pre-built reports.
- Provides a view into how individual services are being used, based on all the users who have been enabled and those who are active.
How to Customize Reports in Microsoft 365 Usage Analytics?
By following the given steps, you can customize reports and share the information across your companies for planning and carrying out procedures, and more:
- Sign Into Power BI Desktop.
- Go to get data > Other > ODATA Feed > Connect.
- In the URL window enter “https://reports.office.com/pbi/v1.0/”
- Enter your Microsoft 365 (organization or school) admin credentials to authenticate to Microsoft 365 when prompted.
- Once the connection is authorized, you will see the Navigator window that shows the datasets available to connect to.
- Select all and choose Load.
- This will download the data into your Power BI.
- Save this file and then you can start creating the reports you need.
- Use the Microsoft 365 Usage Analytics template that corresponds the Power BI template file
- Download the Power BI template file and open the pbit file.
- Enter your tenant id value in the dialog.
- Enter your admin credentials to authenticate to Microsoft 365 when prompted.
- Once authorized, the data will be refreshed in the Power BI file.
- The data load could take a while; once finished, you can save the file as a .pbix file and continue to personalize the reports or add another data source to this report.
Apps4Rent Can Help with Microsoft Cloud Solutions
The Microsoft 365 Usage Analytics in Microsoft 365 Power BI is an important addition to the already powerful analytical software. Although, for using Microsoft 365 Usage Analytics certain Microsoft 365 licenses are required.
As a Microsoft Solutions Partner, Apps4Rent can provide appropriate Microsoft 365 licenses for taking full advantage of Microsoft products and services. We can also help businesses by hosting and customizing Microsoft products such as Power BI and Microsoft 365 Usage Analytics to customize reports. Contact our Microsoft-certified cloud consulting specialists, available 24/7 via phone, chat, and email for licensing and solution implementation assistance.