Enom is one of the largest providers of shared hosting services and is also one of the most reputed domain registrars. The Tucows-owned company, operating since 1997 offers several other products that are closely tied with domain names, including SSL certificates, website building software, and even email services. While Enom offers Custom Email as an add-on for users who host their domains with the service provider, it also gives users the option to upgrade to Google Workspace (formerly G Suite/ Google Apps). Also, many users who purchase their domain through Google while signing up for Google Apps for Work (Google WorkSpace) realize that their DNS records are managed by Google but registered with Enom.
In this article, we will explore how to migrate from Enom to Office 365/ Microsoft 365.
How to Migrate Enom Mail Accounts to Microsoft?
Whether you use Enom Custom Email or have purchased your domain through Google for G Suite, you will have to make changes to your DNS records with Enom (your domain registrar) to migrate your mail accounts to Microsoft. While the exact steps vary depending on whether the changes are made from the Google Admin console or eNomCentral, the procedure to be followed remains broadly the same and is stated below.
- Go to the domains page and select the domain whose DNS records have to be edited.
- Navigate to the host records section and add the Host Name that would look something similar to ms XXXXXXXX.
- In the case of Enom Custom email, you will similarly have to add CNAME, MX, SPF, and SRV records that are required by Microsoft.
- You will then have to verify the domain in the Microsoft admin center and confirm that the DNS change as propagated.
These steps will ensure that your mail accounts have been migrated from Enom to Microsoft.
How to Migrate Enom Mailbox to Office 365?
While the above steps ensure that new emails flow to your Office 365/ Microsoft 365 mailboxes, you will still have to move content from the existing mailboxes with Enom to Office 365. The steps to migrate Enom Gmail mailboxes to Office 365 are similar to those of Enom Custom Email to Office 365 migration.
Migrating Enom Gmail to Office 365
The steps to migrate from Enom Gmail to Office 365 are no different from any regular Gmail G Suite to Office 365 migration.
- Add Microsoft 365/ Office 365 users after you have verified your domain in Microsoft 365.
- Generate a list of Gmail mailboxes that have to be migrated and upload the Excel sheet in the Microsoft 365 admin center.
- Create a migration endpoint in the Exchange admin center, set the IMAP server to imap.gmail.com, and type in a Migration endpoint name before creating a new endpoint.
- Create migration batches and start moving Gmail mailboxes to Office 365.
- Confirm that the Gmail migration to Office 365 is successful in the Exchange admin center.
While these steps will help you migrate Gmail content, you might require special tools to migrate content from other G Suite applications to Office 365.
Enom Custom Email to Office 365 Migration
Enom Custom Email is an IMAP-enabled email service that is similar to Gmail but has far fewer features. While G Suite is a comprehensive package of cloud computing tools and software for collaboration, Enom Custom Email is a simpler webmail service offering 10 GB of storage space, with Address Book & Calendars, and anti-spam protection. It is possible to move content from Enom Custom Email to Office 365 using IMAP migration. However, you might need tools to migrate other data from Enom mailboxes to Office 365.
Apps4Rent Can Help with Enom to Office 365 Migration
While Enom Custom Email is available starting at .99/month, they can only be used with domain names with Enom. Additionally, if users need more features, Enom provides G Suite at $5 per month. However, neither of these options is as feature-rich as an Office 365 direct tenant. For example, Microsoft 365 Business Basic plan offers 1 TB of space as compared to the 30GB offered on the basic Enom G Suite plan.
As a Tier 1 Microsoft CSP, Apps4Rent can provide free migration from Enom to Office 365/ Microsoft 365. Contact Apps4Rent Microsoft certified migration experts available 24/7 via phone, chat, and email for assistance.
Get FREE migration from
Enom to Office 365