Fuze is an advanced unified communications platform built for enterprises. It is one of the few all-in-one unified communications platforms that allow users to switch between calls, video conferencing, instant messaging, and content sharing within the same platform. Users can leverage their phone’s native dialer to place calls over the internet using Wi-Fi, cellular data (3G/4G/5G), and cellular voice, a flexibility that is not available with most other options.
In this article, we will focus on integrating Fuze with Microsoft Teams, one of the most widely used communication and collaboration platforms used by enterprises around the world.
What Are the Advantages of Integrating Fuze with Teams?
Integrating Fuze with Teams helps enterprises expand their meeting capabilities. Businesses can take advantage of the real-time communications capabilities of Fuze with messaging and content collaboration capabilities of Teams.
Here are the advantages of integrating Fuze with Teams.
- Users can switch between Teams messaging and Fuze calls or meetings, on any platform, including web browsers, mobile, tablets, or desktop computers.
- Seamless cross-platform capabilities will ensure that end-users can enjoy better reliability, network support, and user experience.
- One-on-one conversations and group threads can be escalated to voice and video calls from either application.
- Fuze calls can be started from Teams chat or group conversation thread with a single click using an extension.
- Microsoft Teams users can dial phone numbers from chat threads using Fuze services. The bot commands and messaging extension provide users with global calling capabilities while reducing friction while making calls.
How to Integrate Fuze and Microsoft Teams?
Fuze can be integrated with Teams either using the Teams Bot or with the Messaging Extension. Here are the steps to integrate Fuze with Microsoft Teams.
- As the Microsoft Teams admin, ensure that end-users are not blocked from adding Fuze. This verification can be done in the Microsoft Teams Administration Center under Teams apps >Permission policies.
- End users can directly add Fuze from the Apps search bar in Microsoft Teams.
- Once the Fuze app has been added to the user account, users can directly interact with the bot integration.
- Users can type @Fuze in a team channel or individual chat and start using Fuze bot commands in the chat or channel to which it was added.
- Alternatively, the Fuze bot integration can be added to a specific team or a chat from the Apps menu> Fuze app. Fuze commands such as Login, Meet, and Call can be directly used in the chat.
Apps4Rent Can Help with Microsoft Teams Customization
Microsoft Teams is one of the most versatile communication and collaboration platforms that businesses and enterprises can customize with add-ons and plugins to extend their capabilities. In addition to its built-in integration for applications and services in Office 365/ Microsoft 365, Teams supports a wide range of third-party solutions, such as Fuze for added functionality. However, it must be noted that Calling Plans are available with many Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft 365 Business and Enterprise plans.
As a Microsoft Gold Partner and a Tier 1 CSP, Apps4Rent can help businesses and enterprises implement and customize Microsoft 365 with Microsoft Teams Voice Calling and Cloud Phone System. We can also offer hosted phone systems in our top-tier SSAE 16 datacenters and Azure. Contact our VoIP consultants, available 24/7 via phone, chat, and email for assistance.