How to Migrate from Rad Web Hosting to Office 365?
Rad Web Hosting is a US-based company, which offers various hosting solutions and provides email accounts with its SSD Shared Hosting plans. Depending on the plan, it provides up to 250 email accounts and up to 60GB of SSD storage. It provides cPanel, which allows users to easily add, manage and delete email accounts, a free SSL certificate, along with many other features. Although it provides fast and affordable email hosting services, users tend to migrate to other email hosting providers due to reliability and scalability issues. In this article, we will focus on migrating emails from Rad Web Hosting to Office 365.
What Are the Advantages of Migrating from Rad Web Hosting to Office 365?
There are many advantages of migrating from Rad Web Hosting to Office 365. Here are some of them:
- Office 365 productivity suite offers various applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and collaborative tools such as Teams, Yammer, OneDrive, SharePoint, and many more.
- With Office 365, users get complete control over how they want to manage their data and protect it from internal and external threats using Microsoft Defender, as well as complying with industry regulations like HIPAA, PCI-DSS, and many more.
- In a contrast to the 60GB storage space provided by Rad Web Hosting, users can get unlimited storage on some Microsoft 365 plans.
- Microsoft 365 includes an integrated management dashboard that lets users manage multiple users’ accounts within a single interface.
Steps for Migrating Emails from Rad Web Hosting to Office 365
Following are the steps for migrating from Rad Web Hosting to Office 365 using the IMAP technique.
- Log into your Outlook account.
- Assign Microsoft 365/ Office 365 licenses to the users who are to be migrated from Rad Web Hosting to Office 365.
- Go to File> Add Account and add a Rad Web Hosting account.
- Next, select “Let me set up my account manually”.
- Navigate to “Advanced options” and choose “IMAP service.”
- Generate a list of the usernames and passwords for the Rad Web Hosting emails in a CSV file, then enter the data in the Microsoft 365 admin center.
- By using Rad Web Hosting server details, create endpoints between the Rad Web Hosting servers and Office 365.
- Create migration batches and initiate the IMAP migration.
- Change the DNS records to re-route emails to Office 365/ Microsoft 365 mailboxes.
- Finally, go to the Exchange admin center and delete the migration batches.
Apps4Rent Can Help with Rad Web Hosting to Office 365 Migration
As evident from the above steps, the IMAP migration is a complex, time-consuming, and error-prone process. It requires experienced staff to plan and execute the migration.
As a Microsoft Solutions Partner, Apps4Rent has performed more than 10,000 migrations from different email hosting providers to Office 365 without any data loss and downtimes and can help businesses migrate emails from Rad Web Hosting to Office 365. Contact our Microsoft-certified Office 365 email migration experts available 24/7/365 via phone, chat, and email for assistance.
Get FREE migration from
Rad Web Hosting to Office 365