Singtel is a multinational telecommunications conglomerate that offers a wide range of services including fixed, mobile, data, internet, television services, and more. In addition to the mobile phone networks and fixed-line telephony services, Singtel offers a portfolio of business solutions, which includes the Enterprise IP PBX managed service.
While the solution is adequate for most enterprises, it is difficult to scale as businesses flourish. In this article, we will focus on migrating Singtel Enterprise IP PBX to Teams.
What Are the Advantages of Migrating from Singtel Enterprise IP PBX to Teams?
Microsoft Phone System includes capabilities such as auto-attendant, call queues, extension dialing, and call escalation to a group call with video and screen sharing, in addition to the features in Enterprise IP PBX systems. Here are the advantages of migrating from Singtel Enterprise IP PBX to Microsoft Phone System.
- It minimizes capital expenditure as enterprises do not have to purchase or maintain on-premises hardware or software. Many enterprises already use Microsoft 365 Enterprise plans, and the integration of the Phone System improves operability.
- Microsoft Teams offers several capabilities such as integration with SharePoint Online, the ability to deploy interactive bots, OneDrive for Business, and third-party add-ons for extensibility, which is not possible with Enterprise PBX solutions.
- Microsoft Teams does not require proprietary hardware and works with several components and devices. There is more flexibility in terms of hardware choices.
How to Migrate Singtel Enterprise IP PBX to Teams?
Migrating from Singtel Enterprise IP PBX to Teams requires planning to streamline the migration process. Here are the steps involved in migrating from Singtel Enterprise IP PBX to Teams.
- Plan the migration from Singtel Enterprise IP PBX to Teams. This involves identifying tools and services to be used for migration based on business requirements, identifying challenges and solutions to overcome them.
- If enterprises are not already using Office 365/ Microsoft 365, licenses have to be procured for users that will need Teams.
- While some businesses choose to replace Enterprise PBX completely, others prefer a hybrid setup. The Microsoft Phone System with Direct Calling plans can be used to completely replace Enterprise PBX. Alternatively, businesses can opt for PSTN connectivity for a hybrid setup.
- Port the existing phone numbers to Teams users or add new numbers from the Teams admin portal. Note that separate phone numbers are required for meeting features such as audio conferencing or Operator Connect Conferencing.
- Finally, transfer data from the existing media servers to Teams to complete the migration.
Apps4Rent Can Help with Singtel IP PBX to Teams Migration
Migrating from Singtel IP PBX to Microsoft Cloud Services can help businesses that are looking for alternate options, or avoid vendor lock-in. However, the migration from a conventional PBX to the integrated Phone System can be challenging even for enterprises with significant technical resources.
As a Microsoft Cloud Solution Provider and a Gold Partner in several cloud competencies, Apps4Rent can help enterprises migrate PBX solutions to the cloud. We can also host open-source IP PBX solutions such as Issabel and Asterisk on Azure, or our top-tier SSAE 16 datacenters. Contact our cloud migration consultants, available 24/7 via phone, chat, and email for assistance.