SpamTitan is a mail filtering security suite designed for enterprises. It provides an email infrastructure that combines a hardened operating system, along with a wide range of software applications, including anti-spam defenses, anti-virus protection, message filtering, and mail monitoring. Many enterprises, especially with old Exchange Servers, use third-party email filter solutions, such as SpamTitan. Traditionally, these solutions had more tools and advanced features than the built-in capabilities of Exchange Server and Exchange Online for protection against sophisticated email-borne spam and malware threats. However, in recent years, Microsoft has invested significantly in cutting-edge technology for protection against such threats. In this article, we will focus on migrating from SpamTitan to Office 365/ Microsoft 365.
Why Migrate from SpamTitan to Microsoft 365?
With Microsoft 365, enterprises can take advantage of Microsoft 365 Defender, which is a unified pre- and post-breach enterprise defense suite. This unified solution coordinates the discovery, deterrence, investigation, and response across endpoints, identities, email, and applications against sophisticated attacks. Additionally, enterprises can deploy Microsoft Defender for Endpoint their networks for preventing, detecting, investigating, and responding to advanced threats. Together, these solutions can be configured to provide better protection against threats than using a third-party solution. Here are the advantages of switching to native solutions for threat and vulnerability management.
- It is the first industry solution that bridges the workflow gap between security administration and IT administration in the remediation phase.
- It provides real-time protection, not only against email threats but also for other 1st and 3rd party applications.
- It provides optics into software inventory, application usage patterns, organizational security configuration, along with actionable recommendations based on dynamic threat and business context, which admins can prioritize based on urgency and magnitude of the risk.
- It facilitates the collaboration between security and IT administrators to remediate issues using Microsoft Intune.
- Many Microsoft 365 plans also include unlimited archiving, eliminating the need to use third-party solutions.
How to Migrate from TitanHQ SpamTitan to Microsoft 365?
The process involved in switching from SpamTitan to Microsoft 365/ Office 365 depends upon the solution being used. If users are already on Office 365/ Microsoft 365, the easiest method to switch to use the built-in capabilities of Office 365 is by uninstalling the SpamTitan Outlook plugin.
- Uninstall the SpamTitan Outlook Add-in from the Apps & features Systems settings.
- Switch to Outlook and navigate to File>Options>Add-ins. Look for COM Add-ins in the Manage dropdown menu, and click on Go…, and then select the SpamTitan Addin to remove it.
- The program might also have to be removed from the Windows registry. To do this, run the Registry Editor (regedit.msc/ regedit.exe), and then remove SpamTitan entries from HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Office > Outlook > AddinsData.
Apps4Rent Can Help with SpamTitan to Office 365 Migration
While SpamTitan is a dedicated and powerful suite for protecting businesses from malicious attacks, it is niche-specific, and the narrow focus of the product might not be suitable for all customers. Microsoft 365/ Office 365 already provides most of the features required for even mature enterprises. It even offers separate plans of government tenants for added security.
Apps4Rent is one of the few Microsoft Cloud Service Providers authorized to license and configure Office 365/ Microsoft 365 licenses, including the special Office 365 plans for educational institutions, government agencies, and non-profits, based on the unique requirements of modern enterprises. Call, email, or chat with our Microsoft-certified Office 365 experts for assistance with SpamTitan to Office 365 migration.