Emails are extremely important for businesses because they are the most common form of communication between customers and businesses. Web Host Pro is a US-based web hosting company, which provides email hosting services with its cPanel hosting plans. Along with email hosting, it provides SSL security and uses open-source spam-blocking software “Spam Assassin.” In addition, it also provides auto off-site backups for data security and allows the installation of third-party e-commerce applications. Despite being simple and professional, Web Host Pro has significant drawbacks when compared to a productivity suite like Office 365. In this article, we will explain how to migrate emails from Web Host Pro to Office 365.
What Are the Advantages of Migrating from Web Host Pro to Office 365?
Following are the advantages of migrating from Web Host Pro to Office 365.
- Microsoft 365/ Office 365 is an integrated productivity suite with additional applications and services such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint, Outlook, and many more that integrate seamlessly to simplify collaboration.
- Microsoft 365/ Office 365 offers easy, powerful, and cost-effective ways to connect from anywhere, receive instant access to your files and other resources on the go, collaborate in real time, etc.
- Microsoft 365/ Office 365 offers Microsoft Planner, which helps businesses create time estimates based on past projects, instantly share estimates with other people, assign tasks for virtual assistants or employees, schedule meetings and communicate important dates to others in the team.
- In addition to spam and SSL protection, Microsoft 365/ Office 365 provides cutting-edge security features such as built-in data loss prevention (DLP), deep content analysis, Advanced Threat Analysis (ATA), and policy-based access control that safeguards user accounts from cyberattacks like ransomware, email phishing, malware, and SQL injection.
- Unlike Web Host Pro servers, located only in Los Angeles, Microsoft 365/ Office 365 servers are distributed worldwide, mitigating downtime issues.
Steps for Migrating Emails from Web Host Pro to Microsoft Office 365
Follow the given steps to migrate emails from Web Host Pro to Office 365.
- Log into your Outlook account.
- Create user accounts and assign them Office 365/ Microsoft 365 licenses.
- Add the current Web Host Pro domain to Office 365/ Microsoft 365.
- Use the mailbox admin credentials and usernames to create a migration file in Excel containing a list of user mailboxes that are to be migrated.
- Create an endpoint in the Exchange admin center using Web Host Pro server details.
- If there are several users, create migration batches and initiate the migration.
- Once the migration is completed, change the DNS records to route emails from Web Host Pro mailboxes to Office 365/ Microsoft 365.
- Finally, stop the synchronization between the mailboxes to complete the migration process.
Apps4Rent Can Help with Web Host Pro to Office 365 Migration
While Web Host Pro is suitable for small and medium-sized businesses, it becomes inevitable for large businesses or those who are planning for business expansion to migrate to a cloud-based complete productivity suite like Office 365 for better functionality, security, scalability, and reliability.
As a Microsoft Solutions Partner, Apps4Rent can help businesses get the maximum out of Office 365 by offering ideal Microsoft 365/ Office 365 licenses and migrating emails from other email hosting providers like Web Host Pro to Office 365 at no extra cost. Contact our Microsoft-certified Office 365 migration experts, available 24/7/365 via phone, chat, and email for assistance.
Get FREE migration from
Web Host Pro to Office 365