3CX is a software-based open-platform office phone system based on the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) standard that enables users to make calls using the public switched telephone network or Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) services. The open standard software-based private branch exchange (PBX) solution works with a range of phone hardware and also supports web browser-based extensions and mobile apps.
As businesses begin to simplify their working environments, enterprises using 3CX are exploring the possibilities of integrating 3CX with Microsoft Teams, and other services in Microsoft 365 to take advantage of features such as user sync, calendar status sync, and direct routing. In this article, we will focus on the integration of 3CX with Microsoft cloud solutions.
What Are the Advantages of Integrating 3CX with Microsoft Cloud Services?
Integrating 3CX with a wide range of Microsoft cloud services to extend the built-in capabilities. Here are some of the advantages of using 3CX with Microsoft cloud services.
- Businesses can use Azure Connect to import users and create profiles without changing the existing configuration.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 can be used for contact synchronization, call and chat journaling, and using other features, such as click-to-call.
- Use Outlook and other applications in Microsoft 365 for using features such as shared calendar.
- Teams users can use the interface they are familiar with for dialing out.
- Admins can take advantage of full-featured PBX with advanced features, such as call queues, reporting, and call routing.
- Save costs on simplifying setup, minimizing dependence, and specialized equipment and skill, and licenses.
How to Integrate 3CX with Microsoft Teams?
Integrating 3CX with Microsoft Teams involves synchronizing users, contacts, and calendars and enabling single sign-on SSO depending on Microsoft subscription and 3CX Edition. Here are the steps involved in integrating 3CX with Microsoft Teams Voice Phone System.
- Use the Microsoft Global Administrator credentials to register 3CX in the Microsoft Azure App Registrations page.
- Synchronize users from Microsoft with 3CX, configure single sign-on, and then synchronize Microsoft 365 calendar entries.
- Enable Microsoft Teams Direct Routing in the 3CX Management Console.
- Update the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) and create a new A record to point to the static Public IP address.
- Upload the SSL certificate in the 3CX management console.
- Ensure that ensure port 5062 is opened on the firewall.
- Use PowerShell to configure the dial plan and ensure that there are no errors on the administration portal of Microsoft Teams.
Apps4Rent Can Help with Microsoft Cloud Solutions
Integrating 3CX with Microsoft cloud solutions such as Azure, Microsoft 365, and Dynamics 365 can help enterprises simplify operations, reduce costs, and ensure business continuity. It allows users to dial out in remote and helps in saving session border controller (SBC) solution licensing. Also, enterprises do not have to make significant changes to their infrastructure to implement the solution.
As a Microsoft Gold Partner in several competencies, including Cloud Platform and Cloud Collaboration, Apps4Rent can help with licensing and customization of Microsoft 365, Dynamics 365, and Azure services. Contact our Microsoft certified cloud specialists, available 24/7 via phone, chat, and email for assistance.