The success of a project depends on the ability of team members to keep communication channels open to a large extent. This includes the ability to communicate updates regularly, coordinate schedules, ask for clarification, and discuss tasks frequently. The Microsoft 365 suite provides a wide range of applications to address these requirements. Many organizations are already using Microsoft Project and Teams, two platforms in the suite, to work on their tasks collaboratively. In this article, we will focus on the new ability introduced by Microsoft to create Teams conversations for Project tasks.
How Do Teams Conversations Work with Project Tasks?
Microsoft’s new integration between Project and Teams allows users to start conversations for Project tasks within a Teams tab. Conversations about specific tasks can now be stored in the Teams channels in which the project is pinned. These can be accessed by the entire team using the Posts tab. Similarly, team members can also view the conversation within the context of the Project task using the link to the task included with the first message of the conversation. In addition to the ability to mention teammates to call their attention to a specific task, the integration also supports images, reactions, emojis, and rich text, to provide an experience that users are already familiar with in Teams.
How to Include Microsoft Teams Conversations in Project?
Microsoft Teams conversations can be added to Project from the conversation pane or by clicking the view conversation button. Follow the steps below to add Teams conversations to Project tasks.
- If the conversation is in a Teams channel, click on Add a tab +.
- Select Project in the Add a tab dialog box. Note that the Project app is not available while searching from Chat or a private Teams channel.
- In the Project dialog box, select an existing project or click on Create New Project. The option to select an existing project will not be available if it is not shared with the team.
- On clicking Save, a new tab will be added to the Teams channel.
- To open a project on the web, select the project tab for the channel, and click on the Go to website button. The project will appear on a browser window.
- To create Teams conversations around specific tasks, users can click on the conversation icon on the task detail pane in the Project Teams app.
- Tasks with existing conversations will have an icon indicator in the Quick look column, from which users can start or continue conversations.
Apps4Rent Can Help with Microsoft Teams and Project
The ability to add projects and roadmaps as channel tabs in Teams not only helps users keep up with tasks and projects within the context of their files, chats, and the rest of the Microsoft Teams channel, but also improves the user experience with enhanced flexibility. As a Tier 1 Microsoft CSP, Apps4Rent can help with Office 365/ Microsoft 365 licensing, and help businesses and enterprises customize applications and services such as Teams and Project based on their unique requirements. Call, chat, or drop an email to our Office 365 experts, available 24/7 for assistance.