Microsoft had rolled out the Forms design intelligence feature in 2018 to help users create clean and concise surveys. With this feature, users can select from a suggested set of questions generated by Microsoft Forms to reduce the efforts involved in creating surveys and drive engagement. Microsoft announced that this feature would be extended to Microsoft Teams in November 2020. With the rollout of the feature in March 2021, meeting organizers and presenters can poll attendees during a Microsoft Teams meeting. In this article, let us explore the nuances of the AI-assisted poll creation feature in Microsoft Teams for presenters.
How Can Microsoft Teams Presenters Create Polls in Microsoft Teams?
Microsoft has integrated the infrastructure and capabilities of the Forms product to enhance virtual meeting experiences in Microsoft Teams. With this feature, meeting presenters can get real-time feedback and turn attendees into active participants. Presenters or organizers can use Microsoft Forms to create polls and launch them during it. Attendees can also be polled before meetings and collect information ahead of events.
Attendees can access polls from any endpoint including, mobile, web, or desktop to view and answer. When a presenter or organizer launches a poll, it will appear as a pop-up notification on the meeting screen and in the meeting chat window. Additionally, attendees can also create ad-hoc polls during meetings for quick responses.
How to Create Poll From Microsoft Teams Desktop Or Web?
Follow the steps below to create a poll and launch it before, during, or after meetings.
- Select the meeting for which a poll has to be created from Calendar in Microsoft Teams.
- Click on Chat with Participants and click on Add a tab where you can search and add Microsoft Forms.
- Click on Save, and a new Polls tab will be added to the meeting.
- Click on +Create New Poll, add questions and appropriate answer options.
- Choose the options to Share results automatically after voting and/or Keep responses anonymous, as is appropriate for the meeting.
- Launch the poll from the Polls tab or the Polls icon in the meeting window.
- The results will be visible in real-time in the Polls tab or Polls pane.
How to Create Polls from Microsoft Teams for Mobile?
As of now, it is possible to create polls on a mobile device only after the Polls tab is added to the meeting using the Teams desktop app or Teams on the web. Follow the steps below to create a poll using a mobile device once the Polls tab has been made accessible for the meeting.
- Launch the Teams application on the mobile device, expand the More tab, select Polls, and then tap on Create New.
- Add questions, answer options, and the choices to share results automatically after voting and/or keep responses anonymous as is appropriate for the meeting.
- Save the poll and tap the chat icon at the top of your screen to launch it.
- Expand the More tab and select the appropriate poll from the Polls. The results will also appear in the Polls tab in real-time.
Apps4Rent Can Help with Microsoft Teams Deployment
While Microsoft Teams is available in the free tier, there are several restrictions in its capabilities. Premium features, such as the integration with Forms for creating AI-assisted polls with design intelligence are available only with Office 365/ Microsoft 365 commercial suites.
As a Tier 1 Microsoft CSP, Apps4Rent can help businesses acquire and implement the right Office 365/ Microsoft 365 plans for customizing Teams as per their unique requirements. Contact our Microsoft certified Office 365 experts available 24/7 via phone, chat, and email for assistance.