One.com is a leading domain name registrar with over 1,500,000 customers in 149 countries. The web hosting service provider offers web building tools, WordPress hosting, file storage space, and even a branded email solution. It is known for offering simple, flexible, and user-friendly products to users across all strata.
Many of One.com subscribers purchase bundled packages for their web hosting requirements, which include mail accounts. When users have to migrate from One.com or need more email features, the branded webmail solution could pose a challenge. In this article, let us explore how to migrate from One.com to Office 365/ Microsoft 365.
What Are the Advantages of Migrating From One.com Email to Office 365?
There are several reasons why it might be beneficial to switch to direct Office 365/ Microsoft 365 tenants from One.com webmail or One.com Microsoft Office 365 Plus.
- Migrating from One.com branded webmail solution to Office 365/ Microsoft 365 will provide access to Microsoft-managed cloud-connected features and services such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint online, security and bug fixes, and ongoing tech support.
- Organizations have full control over their Microsoft 365 tenant and can customize the solution based on their requirements.
- One.com Microsoft Office 365 Plus includes an anti-virus solution as a bundled product that not only adds to the overall cost of the plan but can also interfere with the performance of the existing anti-malware solution such as Windows Defender.
- Organizations have a wider range of Office 365/ Microsoft 365 plans to choose from when migrating to a direct tenant.
How to Migrate from One.com Email to Office 365?
The most straightforward method to migrate One.com webmail to Office 365/ Microsoft 365 is with IMAP migration.
- Set up Office 365/ Microsoft 365 mailboxes for users who need to be migrated from One.com webmail.
- Verify that you own the domain registered with One.com in the Microsoft 365 admin center. Configure the settings on the server to enable the migration.
- Configure the admin credentials or reset the user One.com email passwords that can be exported into a CSV file to import into the Exchange admin center.
- Set up the migration endpoint between Office 365/ Microsoft 365 servers and One.com server to initiate the migration.
- If there are many users and many email items, split the content into migration batches, and start moving them to Office 365 mailboxes.
- Change the MX record to route emails One.com email to Office 365 mailboxes.
- Stop the synchronization between One.com servers and Office 365 once the emails start arriving in Office 365 mailboxes and delete the migration batches.
Apps4Rent Will Save You Money in One.Com Email to Office 365 Migration
While many One.com webmail subscribers would be tempted to migrate from One.com webmail to One.com Microsoft Office 365 Plus, it must be noted that the plan is nearly twice as expensive as a Microsoft 365 Business Basic direct tenant plan that has similar features.
As a Tier 1 Microsoft CSP, Apps4Rent offers free migration from One.com to Office 365/ Microsoft 365 direct plans. If your organization is a non-profit, educational institution, or a government entity, Apps4Rent can offer special plans at steep discounts on Office 365/ Microsoft 365 plans. Additionally, unlike One.com that offers only chat, and email support, our Microsoft certified Microsoft/ Office 365 migration experts can help via phone as well, apart from providing chat, and email assistance.
Get FREE migration from
One.com to Office 365