How to Use PowerApps with Microsoft Project?
With multiple ongoing projects, organizations require project management tools to help their teams manage tasks effectively and help complete projects before deadlines. Microsoft Project is one of the most popular and widely used project management software developed with a focus on project plans, schedules, managing resources, and keeping track of time. It offers features such as Gantt charts, Kanban boards, and project calendars for effective project management. Using Microsoft Project with PowerApps can extend its capabilities by deploying customized applications according to project needs. PowerApps is a Microsoft service that provides a development environment to build custom apps with zero or minimal level of code for your business needs. In this article, we will focus on how to use PowerApps with Microsoft Project.
What Are the Benefits of Using PowerApps with Microsoft Project?
- Quickly build Apps using pre-built templates according to project needs.
- Timely Tasks can be created using PowerApps for managing Project timelines.
- AI Builder and pre-built AI components assist users to build apps with minimal code.
- Release enterprise-wide communications for employees.
- Allocates resources based on the project needs.
Steps for Connecting PowerApps with Microsoft Project
PowerApps can be used with Microsoft Project to create a variety of customized Apps to help managers manage projects more efficiently. Follow the instructions given to use PowerApps with Microsoft Project.
- Sign Into Office 365
- Go to Apps.
- Navigate to “All Apps ->” placed in the bottom left corner of the Office 365 page.
- Select “Explore all your Apps”.
- In the new window that appeared, Select “Business Apps.”
- Select “Project.”
- Once you select Project, the PowerApps window will appear.
- In the PowerApps windows click on “+ New Project.”
- Fill in the required details in the Summary Tab.
- Finally, click on “Tasks” and create tasks according to business requirements.
Apps4Rent Can Help with PowerApps and Microsoft Project Integration
While PowerApps can help to develop applications based on project needs with a minimal level of code complexity, it can also be integrated with other Microsoft 365 applications such as Power BI, SharePoint, Excel, and OneDrive.
As a Microsoft Solutions Partner for Modern Work, Apps4Rent can help businesses with Microsoft licensing, and customizations of Microsoft cloud solutions such as PowerApps and Microsoft Project along with other applications. Call, chat or email our Microsoft-certified specialists available 24/7 for assistance.