Register.com is one earliest domain registrars that were authorized to sell .com, .net, and .org domains as early as 1999. It evolved into an online services company and offers a host of affiliated services. While a large number of users continue to purchase domains from Register.com, many also use its email services, website builder, eCommerce solutions, and web hosting services.
The Professional Email solution offered by Register.com is affordable and offers several features such as 15 GB of email storage, and the ability to manage calendars, contacts, and tasks from multiple devices. The Professional Email Plus offers additional storage space, online business tools, and encryption. However, if you are one of the many users who need added features and better security, we will show you how to migrate from Register.com to Office 365.
How to Switch from Register.com to Office 365?
You can use the domain name that you have leased with Register.com with Office 365/ Microsoft 365 mailboxes by updating the DNS records. Here is how you can switch services from Register.com to Office 365.
- Navigate to the Domains page in Register.com.
- Click on Domains>Manage and select the domain for which the changes have to be made and click on Manage.
- Scroll to the Advanced Technical Settings section and click Edit TXT Records (SPF).
- Type in the Destination or Points to Address value from the Microsoft 365 admin center and wait for the changes to be reflected.
- Request for the record and verify the domain in Microsoft 365 admin center.
- Add MX record, CNAME records, TXT record for SPF, and the two SRV records from the Advanced Technical Settings section.
How to Transfer Content from Register.com to Office 365?
The easiest method to transfer content from Register.com to Office 365 is using Outlook. You can set up Outlook to be able to download your Register.com emails to your computer rather than leave them on servers.
- Add your Register.com email account to Outlook from the File menu.
- Type in the server details along with the user, server, and login information.
- Let the mailbox synchronize with the device on which Outlook is installed.
- Use the Export option available in Outlook to save you email items in the PST format. Similarly, you can export contacts in the CSV format.
- Once you have completed the export, you can import it into your Office 365 mailboxes, either using Outlook or from the Microsoft 365 admin center.
Alternatively, you can use third-party tools for importing emails from Register.com to Office 365 if you are migrating independently.
Apps4Rent Can Help with Register.com to Office 365 Migration
While it is relatively easy to set up Outlook with Register.com, most Register.com to Office 365/ Microsoft 365 migrations need further configurations to replicate folders and other items. This can be a daunting challenge, especially if there are several users, and it is impractical to export data to individual devices and import into individual mailboxes. As a Tier 1 Microsoft CSP, Apps4Rent can perform the end-to-end migration from Register.com to Office 365 at affordable prices. Our migration experts are available 24/7 via phone, chat, and email to help you with Microsoft 365/ Office 365 migrations.