This year, the Coronavirus pandemic has forced millions of businesses to operate remotely. Businesses, employees, leads, and customers could manage to communicate with the concerned persons from a distance using communication-based tools such as WhatsApp and Microsoft Teams. These tools help businesses, employees, and customers work on different real-time issues while being at remote locations. This blog post will outline the merits and demerits of WhatsApp and Teams, aiming at giving you a better perspective of the tools under consideration.
WhatsApp at a Glance
WhatsApp Messenger, or WhatsApp, is a cross-platform messaging, video calling, and voice over IP service owned by Facebook. WhatsApp allows users to share text and voice messages, pictures, videos, documents, user locations, and other media.
Microsoft Teams at a Glance
Microsoft Teams is a business communication program developed by Microsoft. It is a part of the Office 365 family of products. Teams offers features for text, voice, and video-based collaboration, web conferencing, team meetings, file storage, and application integration.
Advantages of Using Microsoft Teams
- Communicate effectively – Teams allows you to be on the same page with other teammates through chat, online meetings, calling, and video conferencing.
- Collaborate better – Teams provides you access to built-in Microsoft Office 365 tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint to help you collaborate on files.
- Customize your workspace – Install your favorite Microsoft applications and use external services within Teams to enhance efficiency and productivity.
- Enjoy optimum security – Teams offers robust security, administrative control, and compliance powered by Office 365 that leverages the highest security standards of Microsoft.
- Enjoy anytime, anywhere access – You can use Teams anywhere, anytime, on the device of your choice.
WhatsApp vs Microsoft Teams – Which Software is Better?
Today, there are debates about why you should move all your office conversations from WhatsApp to Microsoft Teams. The following might be the possible reasons.
- Microsoft Teams allows direct integration with OneDrive, OneNote, SharePoint, Power BI, Dropbox, Google Drive, and more such useful applications. You can also connect to other popular apps like Twitter, Mind Meister, Trello, Jira, and GitHub, to name a few. It is not possible to integrate all these apps with WhatsApp.
- Microsoft Teams gives you the ability to record calls for absent workmates, share screens, and set quiet hours when you do not any disturbance, while WhatsApp lacks these features.
- Teams is a part of Office 365 that allows you to connect with users, tools, and media that your team requires to be more engaged and productive. WhatsApp, on the other hand, has fewer capabilities to offer for effective collaboration.
- When you use Teams to share information with colleagues, customers, and suppliers, you control your data. Office 365 solutions take security and compliance a notch higher to help you ensure data security.
- Microsoft Teams is fully optimized to give consistent performance across devices such as smartphones, tablets, and computers. There is a tablet-optimized version of the Teams app available. It provides a better user experience as compared to that of the app designed for mobiles on a tablet.
- With Teams, users don’t need a SIM card to log in. WhatsApp logins require access to active SIM cards.
- Teams allows you to organize meetings, initiate conference calls, and participate in meetings using your phone or computer. You can also record each session to play later for absent staff or training purposes.
Embrace the Extensive Benefits of Microsoft Teams with Apps4Rent
Your choice between WhatsApp and Microsoft Teams could influence multiple factors, including ease of communication, file sharing, data security, and employee satisfaction. From the business perspective, Teams is better for collaboration, file sharing, web conferencing, and protection of sensitive business information. Apps4Rent is a Tier 1 Microsoft CSP to support your digital transformation initiatives with Microsoft services. Contact our Microsoft certified experts available 24/7 via phone, chat, and email for Microsoft Teams deployment and Microsoft 365/ Office 365 subscription for the business communication program.